Easy method to resolve Quickbooks error H202
Are you facing issues with quickbooks error code h202 after switching to multi-user mode? If yes, then you have come across the right spot. Quickbooks Error H202 displays a frequent error message that you may get while trying to utilize QuickBooks desktop in multi-user mode. We urge that you read this article all the way through to the conclusion to learn about all of the causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve this issue.
QuickBooks Error Code H202: Meaning
The quickbooks error code h202, which is a multi-user mode error, can occur due to a variety of reasons and in a variety of situations. Many customers have experienced it while attempting to transition from single-user mode to multi-user mode and while accessing a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
As a result, the error code H202 prompts the following error message:
You are interacting with a company file on another machine, and this copy of QuickBooks is not able to connect to the server on that system: QB Error code (H202):
A problem with the multi-user hosting configuration. In multi-user mode, QuickBooks was unable to open the file. (H202)
Reasons that triggers QuickBooks Error H202
The quickbooks error code h202 might be caused by a connectivity problem between your QuickBooks desktop and the server. The following are some of the most common causes of QuickBooks H202 errors:
- At first, the hosting settings are incorrectly adjusted.
- Secondly, the system firewall prevents the exchange of company data between QB and the server.
- Thirdly, DNS settings are not set up correctly.
- Furthermore, QuickBooks Desktop will not have access to the Host or Server’s IP address.
- Services such as QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX are no longer available.
- At last, QuickBooks Database Server Manager has various problems, including a corrupted or damaged .nd file.
Signs of QuickBooks Error H202
The symptoms or signs of quickbooks error code h202 are displayed below:
- The user will not be able to enter the multiple-user mode.
- Also, you will not be able to open a company file that is placed on another system.
- Next, the error message QuickBooks error code H202 appears on your computer screen.
- QuickBooks has become extremely slow and periodically freezes or stops working for a few seconds while in use.
- Also, your Windows machine is becoming more sluggish.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202
Before performing the troubleshooting steps, make sure that you are logged into Quickbooks as an administrator.
Solution 1: Verify QuickBooks services
If the server is running a full version of QuickBooks, you can begin multi-user hosting mode by following the instructions below:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks while still on the server.
- Go to File, and then Utilities.
- Select the Host multi-user access option.
To check the status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on the server, follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Launch the Run dialogue box.
- Type in services.msc in the text field and click on the OK key.
- Then, choose QuickBooksDBXX.
- Examine the Startup type to see if it is Automatic or not.
- If the Startup type is not set to Automatic, then you are required to set it to Automatic
- Check the status of the service and make sure it’s up and functioning.
- Select it from the Recovery tab.
- Then, from the drop-down boxes for the first, second, and subsequent failures, select Restart the service of all these failures.
- Now, hit the Apply and OK button.
- Complete all of the preceding procedures for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 2: Add the QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService services to the admin group
Enable QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService to connect to the server as Windows administrators. In case these services do not have admin access, kindly ensure that they are readily available as this may help you to resolve quickbooks error code h202.
Also, make sure to check if the accounting software can be used in multi-user mode. If not, then you are required to proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Adjust the system firewall settings
Occasionally, your system firewall may protect data transfer between QuickBooks and the server. In this case, follow the steps outlined below to configure the QuickBooks firewall settings and ensure that QB and the server can communicate uninterruptedly.
- Make exceptions in the system firewall settings.
- After changing the system firewall permissions, launch QuickBooks on all systems.
- Then, select Switch to multi-user mode from the File menu.
Solution 4: Run QB File doctor tool from the QB Tool Hub
Quickbooks file doctor is a trustable tool developed by Intuit to diagnose and resolve various types of QuickBooks errors such as Error Codes H101, H202, H303, and H505.
In order to use this tool, you must execute the steps mentioned below which are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to get the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then install it.
- Then, from the QuickBooks tools hub, open the tool by selecting the company file issues tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select the company file. If you are unable to identify the file, click Browse and search to locate it.
- When you’re finished, check the box next to your file and then click Continue.
- The final step is to enter the QuickBooks administrator password and then click the Next button.
Please note that the scan time is dependent on the file size and can take up to 5 minutes in most cases.
Solution 5: Create a new folder for QB company files
- First, on the server, create a new folder.
- Then, change the permissions for this new folder and share the QuickBooks company files.
- Now press CTRL+C to copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Finally, launch your company file in multi-user mode.
We believe, we have provided all the major steps to resolve the quickbooks error code H202. In case the problem persists after performing the troubleshooting methods, you can connect with the relevant technical team for further assistance. To know about more such useful article visit here.