Among all the various forms of Indian saree available in the market, the one popular saree that holds a unique place in everyone’s heart and found in every women wardrobe is the Bandhani Saree. The well-liked bandhej saree is also known as the bandhej saree and Chunri saree. The saree are made by complicated processes where the little sections of the cloth are tied to form the intricate design. The complete procedure is undertaken by the skilled labor which has been doing this for decades. After reading the below guide, you will know the importance of the bandhani saree in Indian ethnic wear culture.
History of Bandhani
Bandhej is the oldest tie-and-dye technique. The Bandhej saree hanging in your wardrobe has a rich history that you are unaware. The Khatri people of Gujarat are responsible for starting Bandhej craft in India. In addition, the localities of Rajasthan and Gujarat are well-known for producing world-class Bandhani Sarees. It is one of the oldest types of sarees, having survived and increased in strength and spread to other regions of the nation, including Varanasi.
Importance of Banarasi Bandhej
Banarasi Bandhej is a blend of Banarasi history with traditional tie-and-dye techniques from Gujarat and Rajasthan. Multiple steps and patience is required to create an authentic banarasi bandhani saree. The Bandhej saree’s fabric is knotted with impermeable thread in various patterns and styles. After that, it’s dyed in a variety of gorgeous solid colors. Once the whole process is completed the parts which are knotted are left with amazing patterns. It remains white or the same color as the rest of the material. Once the material has dried, it is kept in fresh air for the final steps to get dry.
Sociocultural Status of Bandhani Sarees
For many people in India, pure silk Bandhani sarees are equal to the magical touch. Wearing a Banarasi Bandhej saree, for example, is said to bring good luck to women across the country. Some ladies also wear this saree when giving birth to their children at home.
The Bandhej saree, on the other hand, is trendy among brides-to-be. Apart from weddings, the pure silk bandhej saree may be worn for various pujas held at home and other festival events such as Diwali and Dussera. The grandeur of this saree is such that it fits well with all of life’s celebrations. As a result, you will look your best regardless of the situation.
Top Features of the Bandhani Saree.
Here are the lists of some of the best feature which differentiates bandhej saree from others.
- One of the specialties of the bandhani saree is the intricate dotted design which makes them popular among every age group of women. Some of the standard designs are Ekdali, Lehriya Mothra and Shikari. All these designs depend upon how the cloth is tied.
- The patterns on these bandhej sarees are taken from nature. Some popular designs are inspired by the leaves, crepes, flowers and canopy.
- The dyed used in the authentic bandhej sarees are natural. They are sustainable to the environment and usually extracted from flowers and vegetables.
- One of the most popular bandhani saree are leheriya bandhani saree, banarasi bandhani saree, munga silk bandhani saree and Bangalore silk bandhani saree which you can buy from Kutchi Bazaar.
- Some of the common fabric used in the bandhej saree are cotton, gaji silk, munga, chanderi and chuniya.
Maintenance of Bandhani Saree
It is not difficult to maintain a Bandhani saree. However, to get the greatest results, make sure you follow the guidelines below.
- Make sure your silk saree dry-cleaned regularly.
- When using a high-temperature iron, avoid using one with Bandhej work.
- The Bandhani silk saree should not expose to direct sunlight.
Best Place to buy Banarasi Bandhani Silk Sarees Online
If you’re planning to buy Bandhani sarees online for yourself or a loved one, we know where to hunt for high-quality sarees at the best prices. Kutchi Bazaar has a large selection of pure silk bandhani sarees and Cotton Bandhani Saree. All of their products are handcrafted and produced by the local artisans who have been doing for generations. They have some gorgeous timeless bandhani saree pieces that you and your young one will love.