CA Foundation exam is the first stage of your entire Charted Accountancy Course. It is a national-level exam connected by ICAI or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. The purpose of the exam is to train the aspiring CA candidates for the next level of exam. This exam is undoubtedly one of the most prestigious as well as tough exams in the country. If you are also a CA aspirant then to perform better in the CA Foundation Result, you must know in detail about CA Foundation. So, in this article let us explore everything about CA Foundation.
Before appearing in any exams, you must check whether you are eligible to sit in the respective exam or not. So, here let us determine the eligibility criteria for the CA Foundation Course:
- Students who have appeared in the 10th board exam will be eligible to take the provisional admission for CA Foundation preparation.
- Students who have already appeared or appeared for the class 12th exam can register themselves with ICAI for the Foundation Exam.
- There are not any age criteria set by ICAI for appearing in the CA foundation exam.
Exemptions for CA Foundation
Following are the candidates who are granted the exemptions for the CA Foundation exam:
- Aspirants who have done their graduation or post-graduation in the commerce stream from a recognized college with 55%.
- The graduate students of any streams with 60 % marks.
- The candidates who have cleared their CS Executive from ICSI or CMA intermediate from ICMAI.
CA Foundation Course Subjects
Here is the list of the 4 papers which are included in the syllabus of the CA Foundation:
- Principle and basics of accounting.
- Law of Business and business corresponding and recording
- Business mathematics and logical reasoning and statistics
- Business economics and business and commercial knowledge
Documents Required for CA Foundation Registration
Let us go through the documents that you need to upload for your registration with ICAI for CA Foundation:
- A self-attested photocopy of the 12th mark sheet or admit card.
- Self-attested document for nationality proof such as Adhar or PAN card in case of Indian national.
- Recent coloured photographs of the passport size of the candidate.
- A self-attested proof of category certificate in the case of the candidate is SC/ST/OBC.
- Self-attested copy of the class 10th mark sheet that includes the DOB and the name of the candidate.
Registration for CA Foundation 2022
To appear in the CA Foundation exam, one must register themselves with ICAI which is the conducting body of this exam. So, you must be aware of the dates when the registrations begin and up to when it lasts. So, let us discuss both the major dates as well as the registration process.
|Events||Dates for May 2022||Dates for November 2022|
|Registration Begins||July 2, 2019||Jan 2, 2021|
|Registration Ends||Jan 1, 2022||July 1, 2022|
Steps for Registration
Here are the steps to follow for the CA Foundation registration with ICAI:
- First of all visit the official website of ICAI which is icai.org. After visiting the website fill the application form for the CA Foundation course online by clicking on the new registration. Do not wait for the last date to fill the registration form and be on time.
- First of all, you will get an E-service option in the menubar, click on that and you will see a new page on the screen. Select the Student Services over there.
- Now, you will find the link to the Entry-level forms. From there you will be directed to the registration page of CA Foundation where you need to fill in all your information.
- After successfully registering yourself on the ICAI website, open the site again and log in yourself.
- You need to log in with the credentials sent to your mobile number and mail after your registration.
- After the login, fill in the basic details asked by ICAI.
- Also, make sure to enter a valid email id and mobile number where you will get the OTP.
- You do not have to visit the office personally to submit your documents. All you need to do is submit the softcopy of the required documents.
- Once you have filled in the information, upload the scanned copy of all the documents.
- After that save the documents and click on apply now.
- The final step of completing your registration is the fee payment.
- After you make the payment, you will be able to see a system-generated application for the CA Foundation on your screen
- You can either fill it up and submit or download it for future reference.
CA Foundation Registration Fee
The overall fee for CA Foundation exam registration is INR 9200 which includes 200 for prospectus and 9000 registration fee.
There are a few exemptions in the registration fee as well. If the candidate belongs to newly formed territories such as Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, and North-East states then they are exempted from paying the entire fee. If these candidates register themselves between 20 September 2019 to March 31, 2022, then they only need to pay INR 2250.
CA Foundation Application Fees
The fee details for the CA Foundation forms are as follows:
- For the examination centres in India, the fee will be INR 1500.
- The total fee for the centre at Kathmandu(Nepal) is INR 2200.
- In any overseas country, the application fee is US$325.
CA Foundation Admit Card
The admit card for the CA Foundation exam is released on the official website of ICAI before the exam. Admit Card is allowed to only those students who have completed their registration and submitted the entire fee. The admit cards are compulsory for all the students appearing in the exam without which you cannot appear on the paper.
Therefore, these were the major things that a candidate appearing for the CA Foundation exam must know. Do not miss out on any of the mentioned important information and dates.