Editing PDFs does not require any particular skill. With your browser, you can perform several editing functions on your files for academic, personal, and official purposes. You only need a feature-packed PDF editor to get started.
In this article, you will get an insight on how to edit PDF files easily with the best PDF editor, irrespective of the form of alteration you wish to perform.
Why do you need a PDF editor?
Every PDF editor Mac and PC contains excellent features for professionals and students to make changes to their documents.
Below are some of the reasons why you need a PDF editor.
To create a new document
Using a PDF editor allows you to restructure your PDF document seamlessly. PDF editors enable you to merge part of a document to another document.
Imagine a scenario where you urgently need to combine pages of a PDF. Rather than printing before merging and scanning the new file, you can drag and drop the pages you wish to combine.
To enable collaboration
You can create an interactive PDF file online for data gathering purposes and collaborations with your PDF editor.
In their quest to get customer feedback, enterprises distribute fillable PDFs created with PDF editing software. These forms are sent out to customers to fill out by clicking buttons and checkboxes easily.
Your company can use online PDF tools to work on the same document in real time. You can also connect your PDF form to a back-end database to collect data.
To secure your file
One main reason people utilize PDF editors is to secure their files. By using an easy-to-use online PDF editor, your PDF safety is guaranteed since you can control access remotely.
Your company can protect sensitive documents by revoking or granting access to specific users. Furthermore, password protection stops unauthorized persons from copying or printing your document. When you secure your file with Lumin PDF, you can be sure that there will be no form of copyright infringement.
Sign and enhance file functionality
Professionals who usually deal with legal contracts and other confidential documents often need to sign them. Rather than printing and signing by hand, you can eSign your documents.
With a free PDF editor, you can sign files electronically to ensure efficiency in processes. Besides, an online PDF editor allows you to add watermarks, stamps, headers, and footers to existing documents.
You can export helpful information from one PDF file to another with your PDF editor. You may find yourself in a situation where you want to use certain PDF pages for a presentation or other reasons. With the PDF editor app, you can easily edit PDF and export the file to word processing, presentation software, or spreadsheet.
How to edit PDFs using a reliable online editor
Editing PDF with a reliable PDF editor is always accessible and straightforward. For example, the Lumin PDF text editor allows you to change your document seamlessly.
These simple steps will show you how you can carry this out.
- Open Lumin PDF and sign in on the website.
- Open your file directly from your local drive or Google Drive.
- After opening the PDF, choose your preferred operation from the toolbar. There are several forms of editing like text insertion, freehand drawing, merging, and highlighting to choose from.
- Give access to people depending on the level of interaction you would like them to have.
How to edit PDFs using Chrome
You may not know that you can edit PDF online free by using the Chrome Lumin extension. Yes, it is possible. Using the Chrome browser, you can edit and sign your PDF files easily.
Follow these steps to edit your document using the Chrome extension:
- Install the Lumin PDF extension.
- After installation, open the file you want to alter. Click on “Open With” > Lumin PDF.
- When the document opens, add text, comments, and pictures, sign digitally, and work together with colleagues on a document. You can also share the file with whoever you want.
How to edit PDFs using Google Drive
Editing PDF files on Google Drive is more convenient and user-friendly. Although mobile users can access their documents with the Drive, it is mainly a PDF editor for PC.
The following steps indicate how to edit your PDF with Google Drive easy PDF editor:
- Launch the browser. After launching the browser, input the address of your Google Drive.
- Sign in to your account.
- Toggle the left sidebar button. Select “File Upload” to upload your document.
- You will be redirected to your file explorer to choose the file you would like to edit.
- By clicking on the selected file, and clicking on Google Docs from the options in the context menu.
- The document opens up for you to delete or add images, texts, comments, and any change you want.
- After making the needed changes, toggle the “File” option. From the list of options that appears, toggle the “Download” option and select “PDF Document” d
- Download the altered file in PDF form.
How to edit PDFs using Google Docs
You can edit PDF files with Google Docs by following these steps:
- Select “My Drive” on your Drive Click.
- Select “Upload files.”
- Double-click on “View” to open your document. Now, you can add comments, as well as copy and search texts.
- Click on the option at the top of the uploaded document to open with Google Docs.
- The doc that opens will contain texts of your PDF.
You can now edit your PDF document with the tools available on Google Docs. You can add images, footnotes, tables, and charts. You can also edit paragraph styles and translate the document.
Whether you use PDF for virtual meetings or workplace communication, it is a standard information-sharing method. You will find it difficult to make changes to your PDF files without the best PDF editor.
Fortunately, you no longer need a separate application to edit your PDF. You can download the extension of the best PDF editor like Lumin PDF on your browser to carry out changes on your PDF seamlessly.