Millions across the globe have set up Netgear wireless routers in their homes. However, when it comes to making changes to the settings of the WiFi router, a lot of users avoid that. The reason being they find the Netgear router login process difficult. But, with the Netgear Nighthawk app users can easily log in to their WiFi device and change its settings. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to log in to the Netgear Nighthawk router via the mobile app. So, let’s get started.
Steps to Log in to Nighthawk Router via App
1. Power Up Your Netgear Router
The first thing you need to do for the sake of logging in to your Netgear router is to power it up. Therefore, connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to a wall plug and press the Power button. Hold your horses until and unless the LED light on your router doesn’t turn green.
On the off chance, you run out of luck, and the power LED starts blinking then it might have occurred due to a damaged wall plug. Therefore, connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to another wall plug.
2. Connect Your WiFi Devices
The next step is to establish a connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem. For this, you can voluntarily choose between a wired or a wireless connection.
However, in order to ensure a seamless communication between the WiFi devices, it is advised to use a wired connection. But, while connecting your WiFi devices, make sure that the Ethernet cable you’ve used is damage-free and the connection is finger-tight.
3. Download the Nighthawk App
To log in to the Netgear router via the Nighthawk app, make sure that you’ve installed it on your mobile phone. If you haven’t done that, then do it right away by navigating to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store as per the availability of your mobile device.
If you’ve already installed the app on your smartphone, make sure that it is updated. After the installation process finishes, launch the Netgear Nighthawk app by tapping its icon.
4. Create a Netgear Account
As soon as you launch the app, you will be prompted to create a Netgear account. For that, you need to enter your name, email ID, and password. So, fill in the required details into the provided fields and finish setting up your Netgear account.
The moment you set up your Netgear account, the login screen of your Netgear router will come into view.
5. Log in to the Netgear Router
On the Netgear router login screen, fill in the default username and password of your Nighthawk router into the given fields. But, remember that the default login credentials of the Nighthawk router are case-sensitive. It means you have to be cautious while typing them. Also, turn the Caps Lock option on your keyboard off.
Note: If you’ve ever changed the username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router in the past, consider using the changed details to log in to your router.
In this way, you can log in to your Netgear router using the Nighthawk application. Just in case you are unable to do so, don’t wait to execute the following troubleshooting hacks:
Fixed: Can’t Log in to Router via Nighthawk App
- Perhaps your Netgear Nighthawk router is placed near corners or concrete walls due to which its signals are getting restricted. So, relocate your Nighthawk router right away! Consider placing the router away from mirrors, fish tanks, tracking devices, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, etc. And, do not forget to take radio-waves emitting devices into account as these waves can mess up with the routers WiFi signals.
- Make sure that you have set up your Netgear Nighthawk router properly.
- Ensure that there is enough space on your mobile device so that the Netgear Nighthawk app can be installed properly.
- Temporarily disable VPN services, ad blockers, and antivirus applications on your mobile phone before logging in to your Nighthawk router.
- Most importantly, do not switch off your Netgear Nighthawk router amidst the login process.
Quick Tip: If you want to use the app on a computer, download the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Window 10 using Emulator, and start managing your device via computer.
Here’s to hope that this write-up will help you in logging in to your Netgear router using the Nighthawk app. If yes, then don’t hesitate to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.