Are you frustrate when your printer stops working because of the Mac that is connected to it? If you’re sure you can use these steps to get your printer back online. You will need to be able to identify the root cause of your printer offline problems so that you can resolve them quickly and efficiently. We will discuss the factors that can take a printer offline. Here this blog discusses simple steps on how to troubleshoot printer not responding mac.
Reason for Printer Offline on Mac
Problems like Mac printer offline can be very frustrating, especially if you have an urgent printout. If you have a Mac connected, you should quickly identify the root cause of the offline printer. Before we discuss how to get your printer back online on Mac, let’s first look at the most common reasons why a printer goes offline on a Mac.
Problems like Mac Printer Offline are often cause by the printer not connect to the Mac. This can usually cause by a damaged cable that is attached to the printer and the Mac. You can inspect the cable for damage and replace it if necessary. Incorrect printer settings on Mac can also cause problems with printers offline. No matter what device you are using, your default printer should always be used. You can change the settings by going to the printer settings on your Mac.
Why is My Printer Offline on My Mac?
Have you often noticed that your printer goes down when you’re using it with your Mac? It could be that the printer has been idle for too long. Mac printer offline problems can cause by incorrect printer settings or a lack of communication between your Printer and Mac.
If your printer goes offline, your Mac won’t be able to process your print commands. After the printer and Mac connections establish. You’ll be able to print your documents and photos without any problems.
Symptom of Printer Offline on the iPad
You should always make sure that your printer is on, and check to see if it goes into auto power-off mode. It will save you from such situations. If your printer appears to be offline, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- First, make sure the printer is on and the power LED is lit.
- Verify that your printer connects to the iPad.
- After waiting about two minutes, turn off the Wi-Fi function on your iPad.
- Connect the iPad to the printer and restart it.
- Remove the power adapter for the printer from the electric socket.
- After two minutes, connect all cables and turn on the printer.
Step to troubleshoot Printer Offline Problems on Mac
Now you know the most common reasons why a printer stops working while connected to a Mac. Read on to know how to fix it. Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure that your printer’s power adapter and power LED connect to an electrical socket. The next step is to fix the problem with your printer on Mac. Follow the steps given below:
- If your Mac is power on, turn it off and disconnect its power adapter from its electrical socket.
- After waiting for two minutes, turn on your Mac.
- Power cycle the printer and then wait for your Mac and device to establish a connection. If the problem persists then continue to the next step.
- Verify that the default setting select for your printer.
- Verify if you have any open print jobs. If so, remove them.
- Reset the printing system on your Mac and verify that the problem resolves offline. Here are the steps to reset your Mac’s printer system.
- Press the “Apple” menu and select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Print and Scan”
- Tap the “Ctrl” button then click the printer list.
- Select “Reset Printing System”.
- Click the “+” to select the printer that appears on your screen. You can also click the “Add Printer or Scanner” button and click “Add” to select your printer.
- Verify that your printer connects to the same wireless network as the Mac.
- Click the Apple menu on your Mac, and select “Restart” from its drop-down menu.
Problems like on Mac can be very frustrating especially if you need instant printouts or are completely dependent on your Mac. If you are wondering why my printer is offline on Mac, then you should know that it is due to incorrect printer settings.
Make sure your printer is set to the default settings. A printer that is idle for too long can cause it to go offline. First, make sure the printer is on and the power LED is lit. You can then check the printer settings, and restart your Mac and the printer.