QuickBooks is a useful piece of software that handles your everyday accounting tasks and keeps track of your company’s records. Its user-friendly interface and extensive feature set make it a favorite in the industry. However, users frequently say that they are unable to utilize the application because QuickBooks refuses to launch even after several attempts. In this article, we will discuss how QuickBooks won’t open problems. So, you are required to read this article all the way to the conclusion to gain more insight on how to resolve it in less time.
QuickBooks Won’t Open: Brief Overview
If the QuickBooks won’t open or take too much time to launch before crashing, it might be due to one of these underlying problems. Thus, you are required to examine it thoroughly:
- At first, your company name might be rather lengthy.
- Secondly, it’s possible that the hard disc you’re using is corrupted.
- Another reason might be that the QuickBooks Desktop was installed incorrectly.
- The QBWUSER.INI file may be corrupted.
- Lastly, the operating system may be out of date.
Signs or Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
The symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open issue are described below:
- Firstly, your QB software is always freezing.
- Also, the QuickBooks company file cannot be accessed.
- The Windows operating system is quite sluggish.
- Every now and again, your computer screen hangs.
- Another sign is that your computer does not respond to keyboard and mouse inputs in a timely manner.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks won’t Open Error
If QuickBooks won’t open, you can attempt the options listed below to resolve the issue that is causing it to fail:
Solution 1: Execute Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub
Any application issues that may be creating problems while launching QuickBooks may be simply resolved by utilizing the Quick Fix my Program tool. The tool is available in the QB Tool Hub, and you must first download it from Intuit’s official website and install it on your computer before proceeding with the instructions outlined below:
- Firstly, navigate to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, select the Program Problems tab from the left-hand panel.
- Allow the tool to run and correct the flaws in the program by clicking on the Quick Fix my Program button.
- At last, when the operation is complete, try to reopen the QB Desktop program.
Solution 2: Use the No Company Open Window to gain access to the Company File
The procedures outlined below will assist you in determining if the issue is with the QuickBooks application or the company file. If you can’t open the company file from there, use the File Doctor program to repair the damage. However, if you are able to access it, continue with the remainder of the method to repair the QuickBooks application.
- Firstly, go to your desktop and, while holding down the CTRL key, double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Do not let go of the CTRL key until the No Company Open window or an error message appears on your screen.
- When it opens, click Access or Restore an Existing Company File and go to the company file you wish to open.
Solution 3: Make use of the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Any problems with your QuickBooks installation that are stopping you from launching the program can be resolved by running the QB install diagnostic tool from the Tool Hub and following the procedures outlined below.
- To suppress the QuickBooks process, terminate it in Task Manager and go to the QB Tool Hub.
- Then, select the Installation Issues tab from the left panel.
- To conduct the diagnosis, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, wait for the utility to address the issues before restarting the computer system.
Also Read: How to Set Up Vertical Dual Monitors
Solution 4: Utilise the Windows Repair Tool
If the QB install diagnostic tool does not address the QuickBooks won’t open issue, go to the steps below to allow Windows’ installation repair software to complete the task. Before continuing with these instructions, you are advised to make a backup of your company file.
- Firstly, restart your computer after backing up.
- Then, select the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- After that, choose Programs or Programs and Features, then hit Uninstall a Program.
- Then, you are required to locate QuickBooks in the application list and click the Uninstall or Change option.
- When the installation box appears, click Continue and then Repair.
- At last, when the repair is finished, click Finish and restart the computer system.
Solution 5: Make use of Quick Clean Install Utility
After removing the QB Desktop application from your computer, the final resort for resolving the quickbooks won’t open trouble is to run the QuickBooks clean install utility.
- Firstly, restart your computer after uninstalling QuickBooks.
- Then, navigate to the Installation Issues tab in the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, select the Clean Install tool and wait for it to rename the previous installation directories.
- At last, after the utility has completed its work, reinstall QuickBooks to produce new and fresh files.
We believe, executing the above solutions may assist you in resolving the QuickBooks won’t open errors. However, if the error persists or reoccurs you can connect with the technical team for further assistance.