NTA or National Testing Agency every year releases UGC NET mock tests for helping the candidates to get familiar with various tests. For cracking the examination, it is important to opt for taking the mock tests since it helps in properly evaluating the performance. It is important to understand that the UGC NET is quite competitive since it is a national-level examination. These tests help in understanding a better idea of the preparation strategies.
Once you are doing this, it will help you understand the syllabus and the exam pattern. Besides, the mock tests are useful in analyzing the difficulty level as well as the questions that are normally asked in the examination. Therefore, UGC NET mock tests are quite useful in increasing your accuracy as well as your speed. However, if you want to crack the exam, then you have to practice mock tests and consult correct study materials.
What is the exam pattern for UGC NET 2021?
If you are sitting for the UGC NET examination, exam preparation is extremely important. Hence, before you opt for the mock tests, it is vital to know about the exam pattern. Here is the detailed exam pattern that you must know.
|Paper||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Paper-1: General Aptitude||50||100|
|Paper-2: Subject Select by Candidates||100||200|
UGC NET exam pattern- Paper 1
The first paper syllabus is for evaluating the teaching as well as research aptitude of every candidate. With the mock tests, you can get an idea regarding the type as well as the difficulty of the questions. Therefore, the first paper is common for every candidate. It helps in testing the reasoning ability, divergent thinking as well as general awareness of the candidates.
UGC NET exam pattern- Paper 2
It is important for the candidates to choose any one subject out of almost 81 subjects for the second paper. Here the questions are mostly subject-specific and help in testing a candidate’s knowledge of the selected subject.
How you can take the mock test for UGC NET?
The notification for the second examination is already here. Therefore, if you want to sit for the examination, it is important to know about the online exam format. Here are some of the steps that you must follow if you want to sit for the mock tests.
Step 1- Login to the mock test portal
- Do not forget to check out the official website of the NTA UGC NET mock test.
- Choose the mock test link.
- Choose UGC NET from the menu and select paper one or the subject you want to test.
- Finally, click on the mock test button
Step 2- Mock test instructions
- You will get instructions as soon as you open the page.
- Make sure that you are going through the instructions properly.
- Select the checkbox for agreeing to the procedures.
Step 3- Take the mock test.
At this stage, you can begin with your test, and there are certain steps that you need to follow. Listed below are the steps.
- Once you read all the instructions and move to the next window, you will start with the mock test.
- If you cannot solve any question, you can go to the next question. Then, later on, you can come back to the previous question.
- You can choose one correct answer out of all the four options and then move on to the questions.
- Unless you are done with all the questions, do not click on the submit option, only then your exam will be over.
- While sitting for the examination, make sure to keep a timer so that you can keep a check on the time for answering all the questions.
Step 4- Mock test submission
Once you are done with the examination, select the submit tab. After submitting the answers, you cannot make any changes.
Step 5- Test marks
After submitting the test results, you will notice a page on your screen along with a summary of the answered questions, unanswered ones, along with the wrong answers.
What are the advantages of taking UGC NET Mock test?
Mock tests are no doubt one of the most important strategies. First, it helps in scoring well in the examination. Another thing is that after giving these tests, you will get better confidence. You can also practice the latest UGC NET mock tests at BYJU’s Exam Prep designed by expert faculty. Listed below are some of the advantages that you can get from the mock tests.
- These help in building confidence, and you will get a clear idea of the question pattern.
- You will get the opportunity to practice different questions.
- Self-analysis is extremely important when it comes to competitive examinations. Mock tests are no doubt a great option if you want to analyze your abilities.
- You will get the opportunity to know about various ways of answering different questions.
- Mock tests are the right place to learn about the features as well as functionalities. Therefore, you will be able to prepare yourself properly for the real computer-based test.
- Time management is vital, which you must consider when preparing for competitive examinations. With mock tests, you will be able to learn about the correct way of time management.
Therefore, these are some of the things that you must know about the UGC NET mock tests and whether it is enough to crack the examination.